Download the latest Waste Management Plan - Updated on the 10th of January 2013 - CLICK HERE
The overall aim of the port waste management plan for The Port of Bantry is to protect the marine environment by reducing discharges into the sea of ship generated wastes and cargo residues, to improve the availability and use of reception facilities and strengthen the enforcement regime.
Its objectives are:
- To reduce illegal discharge of waste from vessels
- To fulfil legal duties with regard to waste management
- To minimise the production of waste wherever possible
- To re-use or recycle waste wherever possible
- To dispose of waste so as to minimise negative environmental effects